- » Flight Training Programs
- » Summer Wings
- » Recreational Pilot Permit
- » Private Pilot License
- » Night & VFR OTT Rating
- » Seaplane Rating
- » Skiplane Rating
- » Multi Engine Rating
- » Instrument Rating
- » Commercial Pilot License
- » Flight Instructor Rating
- » Career Progression Program
- GFT News
- Contact Us
- Apply Online
- Image Gallery
- Wings Scholarship
- Air Cadet Scholarship
- International Students
This program combines the Private and Commercial Pilot Licences, the Multi-Engine and Instrument Ratings into one comprehensive training program. A higher standard was introduced with more overall structure, ground school, and simulator training. This program is recognized by the Department of Education.
Requirements & Notes
Candidates must be 18 years of age for the issuance of a Commercial Pilot Licence. A Category 1 Aviation Medical is required, as well as a High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 65% average.
Applicants who do not meet the educational prerequisites for the program they wish to enter may be considered for admission on an individual basis provided the following conditions are met for a mature student:
1. Applicants are at least 19 years of age at the time of application.
2. Applicants have been out of high school for at least one year.
This course combines the Private and Commercial Pilot Licenses, and includes a Multi-Engine and Instrument Rating as part of a complete and comprehensive curriculum. The attendance and course performance expectation is higher in this program.PREREQUISITESMinimum Age: 17 years old (Must be 18 to receive Commercial Pilot Licence)Aviation Medical: Category 1Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Course Contents and Requirements
This program is conducted on the Cessna 152 and 172s, as well as the PA44-180 Piper Seminole and PFC MFD Full Cockpit Flight Simulator. There are strict guidelines to follow during the program and a minimum standard is required to maintain enrollment in this program.
Dual Flight Time: 100 hrs
Solo Flight Time: 100 hrs
Flight Simulator Time: 30 hrs
Preparatory Ground Instruction: 45 hrs (one-on-one instruction)
Ground School: 400 hrs
Flight Test: Private Pilot, Commercial Pilot, Multi-Engine & Instrument
Written Examinations: Private Pilot, Commercial Pilot, and Instrument
This program is broken into 6 phases as described below. The normal course duration is 24 months. If desired, assertive students can complete the training in less time.
Phase 1 Up to First Solo
- Includes Pre-Solo Exams and Radio Licence
- Private Pilot Ground School Begins
Phase 2 Up to Solo Cross Country
- Flying skills develop up to the point where students can navigate solo
- Private Pilot Ground School Continues
Phase 3 Up to Private Pilot Flight Test
- Private Pilot Ground School concludes with the Transport Canada Written
- The Private Pilot Licence Flight Test is completed then issued
Phase 4 Up to CPl Flight Test
- Commercial Pilot Ground School begins
- The Night Rating is completed
- Navigation and instrument flying skills are developed
- Students have the option to conduct the seaplane rating and/or ski-plane
Phase 5 Up to Commercial Pilot Flight Test
- Commercial Pilot Ground School concludes with the Transport Canada
- The Commercial Flight Test is completed
Phase 6 Up to Instrument Flight Test
- Multi-engine and Instrument Ground Schools are completed
- The Multi-Engine Rating is completed with a successful Flight Test
- The Transport Canada Written Test for Instrument Rating is completed
- This phase completes the Program and the Commercial Pilot Licence
- Graduates also receive a Diploma from Dept of Education and GFT.
A Commercial Licence will allow you to fly for employment and start building experience toward the Airline Transport Pilot Licence. All licences and ratings offered by GFT are Transport Canada approved. Graduates may apply for the addition of sea or ski-plane to their licence if not already completed and may also apply for the Flight Instructor Rating. GFT has added the Career Progression Program to is roster which is available to all students. GFT has promoted numerous students to its Air Line division, EVAS Air. GFT has always played an active role in finding or offering employment opportunities for successful graduates.
For more information and course costs, please call us at 1-877-438-2359 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org